So as per request of my sister, here is yet another dress make-over update. I found this one on sale for 50% off at a thrift store which is about as cheap as you can get! Although it looks very 90's school teacher-ish, I saw the potential within. I thought the blue and white polka-dot pattern would be perfect for a stroll along the beach, but the fit needed some touch ups.
First things first, the length had to go. I took off about a foot of fabric from the bottom and took in about another 3 inches on each side to make it fit better. Once I tried it on with the new fit, I noticed the sleeves were a weird length. I guess I didn't notice them at first because of all the other hideous issues staring me in the face. The sleeves got taken up and in to make it less frumpy. I found a white belt at the thrift store as well, so I cut off a whopping 13" and sewed it back together in the back. With the extra belt elastic I fashioned together a headband. Not sure I'm completely sold on it, but it looked cute for the time being.