Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Cookie Jar (03.17.10)

I got this little DIY gem from the site Design*Sponge, which has a ton of cute little projects. I had a craft filled weekend a couple weeks ago when Jordan went to GJ for a visit. This was just one of the few projects I completed.

I got a cookie jar from my sister Alicia for my birthday after my thrift store cookie jar was accidentally dropped through the hole above the cabinets and shattered on top of the microwave. Who leaves a gaping hole above eye-level?? Anyways, I wanted to spice up the cookie jar so I followed these Canister Makeover instructions.

I got a new wooden knob from Home Depot and painted it with the left over paint from the frames. Then I used some scrap fabric I had laying around to cover the canister lid. I don't think the directions mention it, but I decided to put a thin coat of Mod Podge on the fabric just to seal it a little better. In just less than an hour I had a totally re-done cookie jar!

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails