Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Light Fixture to Candle Holder

I thought it would be a waste to toss a perfectly good light fixture, so after taking it down I thought it might make a pretty good candle holder. First I cleaned and sanded all of the metal pieces so that the spray paint would stick better. Next I gave it a couple coats of oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I flipped over the light bulb holders so that the spiky parts inside stuck up and hot glued them to the base. After the fact I realized that epoxy would have probably worked better. But the glue will do. It needed something extra so I added ribbon to each edge, and...ta-da...brand new candle holder!




1 comment:

  1. That is soooo clever! I know that most of those lamps have ended up in the trash. Did you have to remove the inside? or did you just plop the candle in there?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails