I thought it would be a waste to toss a perfectly good light fixture, so after taking it down I thought it might make a pretty good candle holder. First I cleaned and sanded all of the metal pieces so that the spray paint would stick better. Next I gave it a couple coats of oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I flipped over the light bulb holders so that the spiky parts inside stuck up and hot glued them to the base. After the fact I realized that epoxy would have probably worked better. But the glue will do. It needed something extra so I added ribbon to each edge, and...ta-da...brand new candle holder!