Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

House Make Over (04.04.10)

House 040410
WARNING: There are a lot of pictures below!
Now that that is out of the way, onto the latest news. My sister Dana came in from Texas to help me decorate the new pad. There was a lot to be done, some final unpacking, painting, and organizing.
So here is the tour. The entry way got a little face-lift with some wall art and newly painted bucket from a local consignment shop. The stand is actually our old tv stand that we bought for like $7 at a thrift store. All it needed was some updated paint.
Here was the before of the cabinet >







So here is our living room, Dana and I replaced throw pillows and added wall art that was actually painted by her. It makes things a lot cheaper when your sister is really artistic.
Here is another part of the living room and entry.
And a final picture of the living room with Jordan hanging out on the couch.
Here is the Dining room, with my new place mats from Dana and Alicia.
The collage of us. Because we are that awseome. haha.
So the guest room was pretty much done by the time Dana got here. We added the art above the bed and re-did a lamp and nightstand to put in the room. By the way, stenciling is a super easy way to whip up some art.
When we were at the consignment shop we found these vintage handkerchiefs and thought they'd go great in the guest room. So I framed them in a dollar store find that we painted white. I love a good deal!
The lamp we painted from brown to white to go a little better with the room. I'll probably replace or jazz up the shade at some point. And the nightstand...oh the nightstand. I wish I had a before picture, but it was awful! It was dark wood that was all beat up and scratched with a water stained oriental fabric top that was placed under glass that did not come out. I didn't want to buy a nightstand because they are kind of expensive so I painted it a semi-gloss white and then Mod Podged scrapbook paper over the glass and then put a couple more coats over the paper to make it water resistant. I think it turned out looking a 100 times better than it did.
The office is a little sad, but at least it has an extra bed for any visitors...hint hint!
Here is the lovely master bedroom.
Since we don't have a headboard up I wanted to hang something above the bed. I chose to make these Subway Signs from Tatertots & Jello. They didn't quite turn out as I wanted so I dry brushed some paint over them to help cover up imperfections an give them a little more of a distressed look.
And finally the kitchen. It's so nice to have counter space and not to always bump into Jordan or ask him to move when we are trying to cook together. We even took advantage of the new space and made Easter dinner for my sister.


So there you have it folks, there is our new house. Next up on the agenda is a fence for the back and maybe a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails