Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Monday, June 14, 2010

EAT (03.05.10)

I have been obsessed with DIY stuff lately. I have been mending thrift store dresses and making plans for things to make and make-over for our new place. The other day my friend Lauren gave me the link to this DIY blog, 320 Sycamore. She had taken frames from the Dollar Tree, gave them a fresh coat of paint and completely transformed them. A light bulb immediately clicked on in my head. Time for a new craft project!

With Jordan out of town for the weekend (I got left behind because I have to work) I decided to fill my time with crafting and packing...maybe. So today, my one day off after an 11 day work stretch, I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up the black frames below. I then went over to Hobby Lobby for craft paint, letters, and paper. For about $8 I have a new wall decoration for our kitchen.
The black frames weren't a true black so I wanted to change them to a color that will match the new kitchen better. I grabbed some red craft paint, and 4 coats later...wah-lah!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails