Remember this little beauty? Well when I chopped off the bottom I salvaged the scraps to make a belt. I hate waist seams...they needed to be covered.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pics for a tutorial, but here is a quick rundown. I shaped the belt with a little flare at the end and had in mind that I wanted it to pull the belt through itself, fold and button. I sewed some medium weight facing to the wrong sides of the belt pieces and then flipped it all right side out. At this point I decided to put a stitch 1/4" in all the way around for a more finished look. Last were the two button holes...my FIRST 2 button holes to be exact! One to pull the belt through and the other for the actual button. Sewed the button on and all done!
I'll be linking up to some of these great blogs...you should too!