Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Brooch Headband

For my wedding, (over 2 years ago) I made this hair piece to wear with my veil for my "something old." It is my grandmother's brooch from the 1940's. I had yet to wear it since the wedding because it was stored in a box that just sat on my dresser collecting dust.

Then I spotted some vintage gold and feather bobby pins at a local boutique and took that idea and ran with it. I grabbed a dollar store headband and wrapped it in ribbon. I then used a pack of feathers and added a few directly to the headband. After those were in place I gathered ribbon and fabric to make a spot to pin the brooch. I originally didn't plan on adding feathers on top the ribbon, but I felt like it needed something more. I just love the vintage look of headband, and how the neutral colors lend itself well to almost any outfit. I have already worn it a few times!

Please ignore the ratty hair, must have been a rough day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails