Stop by Lizzy Lynece!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Halloween/Fall Wreath

I've been a little blog lazy lately, there are about 3 or 4 projects that I have been working on all at once, and I hate it because I feel like nothing is getting done! I need to go back to my "one at a time" strategy. So here is a little something I whipped up last night.

This wreath is a combo of a couple of different creations that have been floating around blog world. The first I spotted was a Halloween cupcake holder topiary at Craft-O-Maniac, and the second was a Halloween ribbon wreath at Tatertots and Jello.

I wanted to make a wreath that was Halloweenish, but could still be used all through the fall as well. I guess an understated Halloween design. I grabbed a wreath form, ribbon, cupcake holders, and my glue gun and got to work.

First I cut the wide ribbon into 14 - 5" strips, and the smaller into 12 - 5" strips. Then glued the ends together to make a loop.

After that I started placing and gluing the cupcake holders. Scrunch them by placing a finger in the inside middle and pulling it down over your finger with the other hand. This gives you a nice flat part on the bottom to load up some glue on.

After gluing on all of the holders place the ribbon how ever you want it.

I'm a little afraid it ended up looking like an old stuffy wreath, but I love how the colors look together, so because of that it will be hanging proudly on the door for the next couple of months.



*You'll be seeing this at these lovely blogs.

8 comments:

  1. That's pretty and a great way to combine two different ideas.

    I'm following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever and cute!
    I need your help, recently I had a post on some weight that I lost and I am in a contest and I need your vote! Please go to the link below or visit my blog(http://easypeasygrandma.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-shrug-and-great-contest.html) for more details. I am very close to winning and I would love your support. If you already voted my deepest thanks! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this at A Crafty Soiree! I love how full and lovely your wreath looks. Who'd have ever thought cupcake holders could looks so fabulous! The color scheme is great too, I always love a bit of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So dainty and pretty looking. I love it. Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again this week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-fall-wreath-ideas/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty! I love how you used the liners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun look! I like the polka dots and ribbons! It's a great fall wreath! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading your opinions and thoughts on a project. If you have a question, look for the answer here in the comments.

Thanks again!
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails